-   -   Sorting problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/173693-sorting-problem.html)

Craig[_3_]

Sorting problem

After I sort ascending a worksheet within a workbook the first 30 rows
are blank.

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets and I want info to update from the
first one through all the others so I highlight A1 - 60L and paste
special as a link to each sheet.

I enter 30 rows of info on my 1st sheet and all the other sheets are
updated.

The problem comes when I sort ascending according to a column in any
of the linked worksheets there are 30 rows of blank space on top. I
would like to have the blank space on the bottom.

This must have something to do with sorting by starting out with
zeros.
Can I create a macro or change a setting to compensate for this.

If this doesn't make any sense please tell me, I will try to
rephrase.
If I am in the wrong group please tell me and I will post elsewhere.

Dave Peterson

Sorting problem

Please don't multipost.

--

Dave Peterson

Pete_UK

Sorting problem

You have replies elsewhere - please do not multipost.

Pete

On Jan 19, 11:16*pm, Craig wrote:

After I sort ascending a worksheet within a workbook the first 30 rows
are blank.

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets and I want info to update from the
first one through all the others so I highlight A1 - 60L and paste
special as a link to each sheet.

I enter 30 rows of info on my 1st sheet and all the other sheets are
updated.

The problem comes when I sort ascending according to a column in any
of the linked worksheets there are 30 rows of blank space on top. I
would like to have the blank space on the bottom.

This must have something to do with sorting by starting out with
zeros.
Can I create a macro or change a setting to compensate for this.

If this doesn't make any sense please tell me, I will try to
rephrase.
If I am in the wrong group please tell me and I will post elsewhere.- Hide quoted text -

ok sorry no more multi posting

FSt1

Sorting problem

and please don't bottom post.

regards
FSt1

On Jan 19, 11:16 pm, Craig wrote:

[...]

On Jan 19, 8:04*pm, FSt1 wrote:
and please don't bottom post.

regards
FSt1

On Jan 19, 11:16 pm, Craig wrote:

[...]

ok sorry no more multi posting- Hide quoted text -

jerk