-   -   Excel is not asking to save a changed file when the file is closed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17368-excel-not-asking-save-changed-file-when-file-closed.html)

Ron

Excel is not asking to save a changed file when the file is closed

When I close Excel (Office 2003) I am not prompted to save a file that has
been changed. This was working; however, something has changed in the last
couple of months. I thought there might be a setting somewhere, but I am
unable to see anything.

Otto Moehrbach

Is it just one file doing this? Is the file a read-only file?Open a new
blank file and enter something and close it and see what happens. HTH Otto
"Ron" wrote in message
When I close Excel (Office 2003) I am not prompted to save a file that has
been changed. This was working; however, something has changed in the
last
couple of months. I thought there might be a setting somewhere, but I am
unable to see anything.

Ron

It happens 100% of the time. I have tried a new file with the same results.
Subsequent to my positng I did see another thread where someone indicated
that what appeared to be the same problem was solved by removing an SAP
Business ONE Office Integration Add-On. I have this same Add-On installed,
so I will be following that path to see if I can get a resolution to the
problem. Thanks