-   -   I want to apply different styles to columns in one worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/173633-i-want-apply-different-styles-columns-one-worksheet.html)

SunnyG

I want to apply different styles to columns in one worksheet

I want one column on the worksheet to be date and another column to be
accounting, but when I highlight one column and change the style, the style
changes for both columns. How do I isolate each column to be a particular
style?
Sunny

Bernard Liengme

I want to apply different styles to columns in one worksheet

You have confused Style for Format. I will just tell you how to solve your
problem and not bother to explain the difference.
1) Select the first column; click on the menu item Format, then on Cell
2) In the resulting dialog in the Categories list, select Date; the chose
how you want the date to appear (1/1/2008 or 1 Jan 2008, etc)
3) Click the OK button on the dialog
Repeat these steps with the next column but use Accounting
Come back if you have problems
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme