-   -   Can I link a comment to a chart ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/173603-can-i-link-comment-chart.html)

Andy

Can I link a comment to a chart ?

I have data in a worksheet and only the occassional cell has a comment
inserted into it. Is there a way to have this comment linked to the chart
created from the data in the worksheet? What I would like to be able to do
is when I mouse over the particular data point in the chart then the comment
would appear and unltimately I would like to have the comments printed on a
hard copy of the chart.

Thanks for any help.

Jon Peltier

Can I link a comment to a chart ?

If you want a custom pop-up, try Tushar Mehta's Hover Chart Label utility
(http://tushar-mehta.com).

If you want it printed in a hard copy, you need to add a textbox or data
label.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP