-   -   Turning forumula results as absolute numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/173270-turning-forumula-results-absolute-numbers.html)

edward

Turning forumula results as absolute numbers

I have about 290 text boxes (list) on the left side of the worksheet numbered
sequestionally. Just like a list. I have tabulated data across the page
(left to right) using a formula to sum the columns across the page for each
of the 290 items. What I would like to do is to eliminate the columns now
but retain the totals for each of the 290 items in order to use as a table
for my dissertation.

Is it possible to "turn-off" the formulas so that when I delete the columns
(between list and totals), my totals don't go away? I would hate to retype
each of the numbers total for each item - not to mention how tedious that is
but also chance for more human error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Marcelo

Turning forumula results as absolute numbers

hi,

why not to copy and paste special values, before delete the data?

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Edward" escreveu:

I have about 290 text boxes (list) on the left side of the worksheet numbered
sequestionally. Just like a list. I have tabulated data across the page
(left to right) using a formula to sum the columns across the page for each
of the 290 items. What I would like to do is to eliminate the columns now
but retain the totals for each of the 290 items in order to use as a table
for my dissertation.

Is it possible to "turn-off" the formulas so that when I delete the columns
(between list and totals), my totals don't go away? I would hate to retype
each of the numbers total for each item - not to mention how tedious that is
but also chance for more human error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

CLR

Turning forumula results as absolute numbers

How about just highlighting the offending columns and doing right-click Hide

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Edward" wrote:

I have about 290 text boxes (list) on the left side of the worksheet numbered
sequestionally. Just like a list. I have tabulated data across the page
(left to right) using a formula to sum the columns across the page for each
of the 290 items. What I would like to do is to eliminate the columns now
but retain the totals for each of the 290 items in order to use as a table
for my dissertation.

Is it possible to "turn-off" the formulas so that when I delete the columns
(between list and totals), my totals don't go away? I would hate to retype
each of the numbers total for each item - not to mention how tedious that is
but also chance for more human error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

edward

Turning forumula results as absolute numbers

Thanks! :-)

"Edward" escreveu:

I have about 290 text boxes (list) on the left side of the worksheet numbered
sequestionally. Just like a list. I have tabulated data across the page
(left to right) using a formula to sum the columns across the page for each
of the 290 items. What I would like to do is to eliminate the columns now
but retain the totals for each of the 290 items in order to use as a table
for my dissertation.

Is it possible to "turn-off" the formulas so that when I delete the columns
(between list and totals), my totals don't go away? I would hate to retype
each of the numbers total for each item - not to mention how tedious that is
but also chance for more human error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

edward

Turning forumula results as absolute numbers

Gracias Amigo! :-)