-   -   How do I change the highlight color of selected menu items? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17322-how-do-i-change-highlight-color-selected-menu-items.html)

PepperVL

How do I change the highlight color of selected menu items?

I recently installed Office 2003 Professional on my computer, and in the
programs the selected menu items are highlighted in orange. Selected cells in
excel are also highlighted in orange (if I click on cell B19 the headers for
colum B and row 13 are orange). This does not go with the color scheme of my
computer, nor does it go with the color scheme I selected when I set my
appearances. Is there any way to change this to a different color?

Dave Peterson

It sounds like it's a windows setting to me.

Maybe one more check...

windows start button|settings|control panel|Display applet
Appearance tab|advanced button|Item
Either Menu or Selected Items

--

Dave Peterson