-   -   convert Julian Date Format to Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/172957-convert-julian-date-format-excel.html)

pablo

convert Julian Date Format to Excel

Dear Reader,

I have a data download that gives back a date field in Julian format. It's
in the following format:

Create TS
2007/12/13 19:44:10

How can I convert this date format into a usable Date format? I can live
with just the 12/13/2007 date format, but would like date + time.

Thanks,

Pablo

Gary''s Student

convert Julian Date Format to Excel

Assuming the data is is text format:

=--LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1))--RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1,1))
and format as Custom mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765

"Pablo" wrote:

Dear Reader,

I have a data download that gives back a date field in Julian format. It's
in the following format:

Create TS
2007/12/13 19:44:10

How can I convert this date format into a usable Date format? I can live
with just the 12/13/2007 date format, but would like date + time.

Thanks,

Pablo

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

convert Julian Date Format to Excel

When I copy/paste 2007/12/13 19:44:10 into a cell in my XL2003, it
automatically gets converted to a proper date. If you are seeing a series of
# signs, and thinking the entry isn't working, all you have to do is widen
the column to make it large enough to hold the generated date.

Rick