-   -   Compare side by side (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/172779-compare-side-side.html)

GKW in GA

Compare side by side

I want to compare 2 documents side by side. The Compare Side By Side option
is greyed out on the Window menu even though I have bothe documents open. It
does this on both documents

ShaneDevenshire

Compare side by side

Hi,

If both documents are open in different instances of Excel you will not be
able to use this command. In other words you must open both documents in the
same copy of Excel, don't open Excel twice.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"GKW in GA" wrote:

I want to compare 2 documents side by side. The Compare Side By Side option
is greyed out on the Window menu even though I have bothe documents open. It
does this on both documents

Bob[_13_]

Compare side by side

Right click your taskbar and choose Show Windows Side by Side. If you have
other programs running at the time minimize them. You can then resize your
documents to suit your needs.

"GKW in GA" wrote in message
I want to compare 2 documents side by side. The Compare Side By Side option
is greyed out on the Window menu even though I have bothe documents open.
It
does this on both documents

ShaneDevenshire

Compare side by side

Hi,

The difference between using the Windows verses the Excel command is that
you can't sync the scrolling in the Windows situation.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire