-   -   Dup entry two colums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/172717-dup-entry-two-colums.html)

pgarcia

Dup entry two colums

Hello all,
I have two colums, one hads check number and the other has dollar amounts.
How can I find dup by first look at the check number then by dollar amount?

Jim Thomlinson

Dup entry two colums

The easiest way is to concatenate the two fields together in a new column.
Then you can use a simple count function to indicate how many of each item
that you have. Do a filter excluding 1 and you have all of your duplicates...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"pgarcia" wrote:

Hello all,
I have two colums, one hads check number and the other has dollar amounts.
How can I find dup by first look at the check number then by dollar amount?

MartinW

Dup entry two colums

Hi,

Assuming your data is in A1:B100
put this in C1 and drag down

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$100=A1)*($B$1:$B$100=B1))
adjust the ranges to suit

Any return greater than 1 will be a duplicate.

HTH
Martin

"pgarcia" wrote in message
Hello all,
I have two colums, one hads check number and the other has dollar amounts.
How can I find dup by first look at the check number then by dollar
amount?

pgarcia

Dup entry two colums

Thanks, I found that after I posted this.

thanks