-   -   How do I transform a word response to a numeric response? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/172651-how-do-i-transform-word-response-numeric-response.html)

kanegaro

How do I transform a word response to a numeric response?

I have a data base with "Selected" as an indicator of a choice. Instead of
someone choosing a response as a €ś3,€ť €śSelected€ť is in the third column, and
so on. Is there a way to change these €śSelected€ť to their corresponding
numeric values? That is, change all €śSelected €ś in the first column to 1,
and all the €śSelected€ť in column two to 2€¦.. Thank you all for you help.