-   -   Count using multuple criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/172189-count-using-multuple-criteria.html)

readystate

Count using multuple criteria

I have a spreadsheet where column B is a drop down box with two choices - NEW
or EXISTING. I need to count the number of times that the word NEW appears
in column B if column J is equal to specific criteria, ex, CLOSED. Please
help me with this formula. Thanks.

Ron Coderre

Count using multuple criteria

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B30="New")*(J1:J30="Closed"))

Adjust range references to suit your situation.

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"readystate" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where column B is a drop down box with two choices -
NEW
or EXISTING. I need to count the number of times that the word NEW
appears
in column B if column J is equal to specific criteria, ex, CLOSED. Please
help me with this formula. Thanks.

readystate

Count using multuple criteria

Worked fine...thanks.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B30="New")*(J1:J30="Closed"))

Adjust range references to suit your situation.

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"readystate" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where column B is a drop down box with two choices -
NEW
or EXISTING. I need to count the number of times that the word NEW
appears
in column B if column J is equal to specific criteria, ex, CLOSED. Please
help me with this formula. Thanks.

Ron Coderre

Count using multuple criteria

I'm glad I could help......Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"readystate" wrote: