-   -   #DIV/0! error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/172173-div-0-error.html)

[email protected]

#DIV/0! error

Hi,
Is there any way to program a formula NOT to show the "#DIV/0!" error
when the formula is referencing a denomentor that is zero? Thanks!

Bob Phillips

#DIV/0! error

=IF(denominator_cell=0,0,the_original_formula)

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
Is there any way to program a formula NOT to show the "#DIV/0!" error
when the formula is referencing a denomentor that is zero? Thanks!

Niek Otten

#DIV/0! error

=IF(ISERROR(YourFormula),0,YourFormula)

Or, better,

=IF(YourDenominator=0,0,YourNumerator/YourDenominator)

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in message ...
| Hi,
| Is there any way to program a formula NOT to show the "#DIV/0!" error
| when the formula is referencing a denomentor that is zero? Thanks!

joeu2004

#DIV/0! error

On Jan 8, 2:47*pm, "Niek Otten" wrote:
=IF(ISERROR(YourFormula),0,YourFormula)
Or, better,
=IF(YourDenominator=0,0,YourNumerator/YourDenominator)

The OP neglected to say what version of Excel he/she is using. Isn't
there another (better?) way in Excel 2007 to handle errors that avoids
having to duplicate the calculation of yourFormula or yourDenominator?

[email protected]

#DIV/0! error

wrote in message

Is there any way to program a formula NOT to show the "#DIV/0!" error
when the formula is referencing a denomentor that is zero? *Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

it worked! Thank you to you both for sending these along.

Dana DeLouis

#DIV/0! error

Isn't there another (better?) way in Excel 2007 to handle errors...

Hi. In Excel 2007, it's IFERROR. (Here, "-" is display instead of an
error.)

=IFERROR(A1/B1,"-")

--
Dana DeLouis

On Jan 8, 5:46*pm, "Dana DeLouis" wrote:
=
Hi. *In Excel 2007, it's IFERROR. *(Here, "-" is display instead
of an error.)
=IFERROR(A1/B1,"-")

Thanks. I guess that would rile those who jump on me whenever I
suggest using ISERROR(), they arguing that it casts too wide a net and
masks other errors. (I see their point, and I don't disagree
strongly.)