-   -   Counting Specific Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/171884-counting-specific-text.html)

japc90

Counting Specific Text

I want to type a formula that will look at a range of cells and count
1 each time it finds a specific word. So if my range of cells is
A1:A50 and the word "math" is in cells A2, A4, and A10 it would bring
back a count of 3.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Ron de Bruin

Counting Specific Text

Maybe

=COUNTIF(A1:A50,"math")

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"japc90" wrote in message ...
I want to type a formula that will look at a range of cells and count
1 each time it finds a specific word. So if my range of cells is
A1:A50 and the word "math" is in cells A2, A4, and A10 it would bring
back a count of 3.

All help is greatly appreciated.

japc90

Counting Specific Text

On Jan 6, 2:05*pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Maybe

=COUNTIF(A1:A50,"math")

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"japc90" wrote in ...
I want to type a formula that will look at a range of cells and count
1 each time it finds a specific word. So if my range of cells is
A1:A50 and the word "math" is in cells A2, A4, and A10 it would bring
back a count of 3.

All help is greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you!!!