-   -   Formula for inserting a $ amount in a Column if certain met (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/171746-formula-inserting-%24-amount-column-if-certain-met.html)

TRM

Formula for inserting a $ amount in a Column if certain met

I'm looking for a formula to insert a fixed dollar amount in a column if
certain criteria are met. We have 3 price levels for services defined in a
spreadsheet by a single word e.g. premium ($80), standard ($70), economy
($50). The client would like a new column added to the report which shows the
appropriate price each time the service is used. Rather than have people
enter it manually I would like it to automatically populate the "Fee" column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JE McGimpsey

Formula for inserting a $ amount in a Column if certain met

One way:

=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="Economy",50,IF(A1="Standard",7 0,80)))

,In article ,
TRM wrote:

I'm looking for a formula to insert a fixed dollar amount in a column if
certain criteria are met. We have 3 price levels for services defined in a
spreadsheet by a single word e.g. premium ($80), standard ($70), economy
($50). The client would like a new column added to the report which shows the
appropriate price each time the service is used. Rather than have people
enter it manually I would like it to automatically populate the "Fee" column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Formula for inserting a $ amount in a Column if certain met

Try this.
Change A1 to your needs
=IF(A1="Premium",80,IF(A1="Standard",70,IF(A1="Eco nomy",50,"$0.00")))

"TRM" wrote:

I'm looking for a formula to insert a fixed dollar amount in a column if
certain criteria are met. We have 3 price levels for services defined in a
spreadsheet by a single word e.g. premium ($80), standard ($70), economy
($50). The client would like a new column added to the report which shows the
appropriate price each time the service is used. Rather than have people
enter it manually I would like it to automatically populate the "Fee" column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Formula for inserting a $ amount in a Column if certain met

In Fee column enter this formula

=LOOKUP(A1,{"economy","premium","standard"},{50,80 ,70})

Where A1 is the cell with the price level.

Note: you could use DataValidationList dropdown in A1 to choose from the 3
levels.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP