-   -   Paste text from webpages into cells and keep formats (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/171609-paste-text-webpages-into-cells-keep-formats.html)

Karsten Wutzke

Paste text from webpages into cells and keep formats

Subject basically says it all... I always get new formats (frames,
alignment etc.).

Is there a way for the whole Excel sheet to only paste the contents
and not having to go via the right click menu + dialog to paste only
the contents?

I'm collecting data for an application like addresses, emails, URLs
and it's pretty annoying that the formats are changed every time when
pasting.

Maybe there's an option that I can't find??

TIA
Karsten

Jim Rech[_2_]

Paste text from webpages into cells and keep formats

it's pretty annoying that the formats are changed every time when pasting.

Agreed but I don't a way to get Excel to default to destination format.

I recorded a macro while pasting and switching to destination format and I
got this, which seems to do the job:

Sub Macro1()
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="HTML", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:= _
False, NoHTMLFormatting:=True

Jim