-   -   Excel row entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/171347-excel-row-entry.html)

ravenpeyton

Excel row entry

I type in 5E0102 in an Excel row and it comes up as ####### on a spreadsheet
I'm working on. The previous 200 or so entries are OK. What have I done or
what did the person who sent me this spreadsheet do to cause the remaining
rows to do this?

Kevin B

Excel row entry

Excel has assumed that the value you have entered is in scientific notation.
To correct this you can do one of the following:

1. Type an apostrophe before entering the text to make it a label
2. Delete the current entry and format the cell(s) for text and then
reenter the value

--
Kevin Backmann