-   -   Formula bar shows mm/dd/yyyy. To show dd/mm/yyyy. How? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/171165-formula-bar-shows-mm-dd-yyyy-show-dd-mm-yyyy-how.html)

magna

Formula bar shows mm/dd/yyyy. To show dd/mm/yyyy. How?

I am using Excel 2000 now. Opened a file created in Excel 97 now and find
that a cell in the Date column in the file now shows mm/dd/yyyy in formula
bar and in the cell display. In Excel 97, both displays were in dd/mm/yyyy
format.
I have tried to format the cell by changing the Date 'locale' drop down to
be "English(Australia)" instead of "English(US)". While this changes the cell
display to dd/mm/yyyy, the formula display is still mm/dd/yyyy.
How do I make both of these displays to be dd/mm/yyyy format that we use here?

Teethless mama

Formula bar shows mm/dd/yyyy. To show dd/mm/yyyy. How?

Control Panel Regional and Language Options select English (Australia)
OK out.

"magna" wrote:

I am using Excel 2000 now. Opened a file created in Excel 97 now and find
that a cell in the Date column in the file now shows mm/dd/yyyy in formula
bar and in the cell display. In Excel 97, both displays were in dd/mm/yyyy
format.
I have tried to format the cell by changing the Date 'locale' drop down to
be "English(Australia)" instead of "English(US)". While this changes the cell
display to dd/mm/yyyy, the formula display is still mm/dd/yyyy.
How do I make both of these displays to be dd/mm/yyyy format that we use here?

magna

Formula bar shows mm/dd/yyyy. To show dd/mm/yyyy. How?

Thanks. That worked!