-   -   Another Autocomplete question! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/171117-another-autocomplete-question.html)

itsbeal

Another Autocomplete question!

I have created an excel spreadsheet template to keep track of my checkbook
register. At the end of the year I start a new register. How do I make excel
autocomplete the most common text entries that I use frequently in a column
from the previous years?

JE McGimpsey

Another Autocomplete question!

Autocomplete only works with items in cells above the target cell (in
the "active region"). You can't specify how autocomplete operates (other
than off/on).

You could assign (Tools/Autocorrect) an autocorrect entry to your most
common entries. For instance "gr" == "groceries", "au" ==
"automobile", etc.

Note that the autocorrect will be available in all Office apps after you
next close XL.