-   -   Special Characters in Sheet Name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/170935-special-characters-sheet-name.html)

Ann S.

Special Characters in Sheet Name

I want to name a sheet 1/1/08. I right-clicked on the sheet tab but it does
not accept the slash character. Is there some way to do this?
--
Ann S.

Chip Pearson

Special Characters in Sheet Name

As you've found, the '/' character is not allowed in a sheet name (since it
is a valid path separator). You will have to use a different character, such
as '_'.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ann S." wrote in message
I want to name a sheet 1/1/08. I right-clicked on the sheet tab but it
does
not accept the slash character. Is there some way to do this?
--
Ann S.

Jon Peltier

Special Characters in Sheet Name

Some characters are not allowed in a sheet name. There is no way to put the
characters into the sheet name. Select an alternate scheme, like "1-1-08",
"1.1.08", "1_1_08", etc.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP