-   -   Chart Wizard Options (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/170732-chart-wizard-options.html)

Maurice

Chart Wizard Options

When creating a chart in Excel 2003 I am offered the option of either a €śnew
sheet€ť or as an €śobject in€ť. How can I lean about the pros and cons of these
choices and what each does?

Kevin B

Chart Wizard Options

Using Object In places a chart on the current worksheet. When selected the
mouse pointer changes to a crosshair drawing tool and you click and drag to
assign the amount of space the object is to occupy on the worksheet.

Selecting new sheet places the chart in a sheet by itself.

As far as the charting goes you'll have the same charting options and chart
type with either selection. The only advantage I can think of is that
placing the chart as an object in a worksheet will print the chart everytime
the worksheet is printed.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Maurice" wrote:

When creating a chart in Excel 2003 I am offered the option of either a €śnew
sheet€ť or as an €śobject in€ť. How can I lean about the pros and cons of these
choices and what each does?

Jon Peltier

Chart Wizard Options

Embedding charts on a sheet allows you to place several charts in a single
view, and allows you to size the charts either separately or together
(select one chart, then hold Shift while selecting the others). It allows
you to show a table of data and the chart on the same screen without having
to use the inflexible data table chart option.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Maurice" wrote:

When creating a chart in Excel 2003 I am offered the option of either a
"new
sheet" or as an "object in". How can I lean about the pros and cons of
these
choices and what each does?