-   -   Two hyperlinks in 1 piece of text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/170592-two-hyperlinks-1-piece-text.html)

It Is Me Here

Two hyperlinks in 1 piece of text?

Is it possible to create two hyperlinks in one piece of text? E.g.
Ctrl+Clicking would open one hyperlink, and Alt+Clicking or
Shift+Ctrl+Clicking would open another?

Jim Rech[_2_]

Two hyperlinks in 1 piece of text?

Is it possible to create two hyperlinks in one piece of text?

A hyperlink is a property of a cell not the text in it, so no.

But you could put a text box on a worksheet, make it look like a hyperlink,
and assign a macro to it. That macro could determine if Ctrl, etc. were
down when the click occurred.

--
Jim
"It Is Me Here" wrote in message
Is it possible to create two hyperlinks in one piece of text? E.g.
Ctrl+Clicking would open one hyperlink, and Alt+Clicking or
Shift+Ctrl+Clicking would open another?

Dave Peterson

Two hyperlinks in 1 piece of text?

You could also put a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar over each piece of text
and then assign a different hyperlink to each rectangle.

You may want to hide the borders and format the text so that they look like
hyperlinks, too.

It Is Me Here wrote:

Is it possible to create two hyperlinks in one piece of text? E.g.
Ctrl+Clicking would open one hyperlink, and Alt+Clicking or
Shift+Ctrl+Clicking would open another?

--

Dave Peterson

It Is Me Here

Two hyperlinks in 1 piece of text?

How do I actually create the Macro though? I can't use VB, so I don't know
what to do!