-   -   Stop the "Personal" sheet from popping up every time I open a work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/170561-stop-personal-sheet-popping-up-every-time-i-open-work.html)

George B

Stop the "Personal" sheet from popping up every time I open a work

Hello,
Thanks in advance for your time and help. I am learning so much in
Excel, that I sometimes get jumbled up. I am learning macros and added one to
a workbook. It worked well, but was not the exact function that I wanted. I
deleted that macro, and the workbook. I had clicked on a box, along the way,
that asked me if I wanted to store the macro to a "personal" page". I had
clicked yes. Now when I open up any of my Excel workbooks, my "personal page"
loads first, then the workbook I want. I have no macros in any workbooks
presently. How can I stop this page from loading? I looked in my VB editor
(off the tools menu button) and have no macros stored there. Please help me
from going completely nuts, trying to figure out my mistake.
--
Have a wonderful day.

Ron de Bruin

Stop the "Personal" sheet from popping up every time I open a work

Looks like you unhide your personal file(this is a hidden workbook)

When you open Excel and you see PERSONAL.XLS(B) in the title bar you can use this to hide it.

Excel 97-2003: WindowHide
Excel 2007 : On the View tab in the window group choose Hide

Then close Excel and say Yes to save the changes to your PERSONAL file.

See this page also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"George B" wrote in message ...
[...]

THANK YOU Mr. Ron. Not only was that a fast answer, but it fixed my problem.
Ever see a 6'6" man do a cartwheel? I could about right now, I am so happy.
Thanks and have a Blessed Holiday.
--
Have a wonderful day.