-   -   Comma is not visible in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17038-comma-not-visible-excel.html)

DrNASA

Comma is not visible in Excel

Ok, this one is weird. I have a user with Office XP SP2, full install of Excel.

When he types in 500000 for instance, no comma appears.

Great, I says to him, I says "That's just a formatting issue."

So, I go to Formatting Cells and go to the Number category.

Hmm..."Use the 1000 seperator ( )" option is already clicked. Check this out
though, there is no comma in the text description, just like I typed it
above. No comma.

It's like the comma image ain't there, it's been totally blown away.

Any suggestions?

JulieD

Hi

check the settings under start / control panel - regional options ... i'm
using windows xp home and if i go into customized under regional options and
replace the digit grouping symbol (comma) with a space i see the same thing
as what you're describing.

Cheers
JulieD