-   -   I want to use a fill series to copy down a pattern of dates. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/170324-i-want-use-fill-series-copy-down-pattern-dates.html)

DEQhl

I want to use a fill series to copy down a pattern of dates.

I want to use fill series to copy a pattern of dates down a column. The catch
is that I want it to have a date show up three times in a row, in separate
cells. So the end products would have three of the same date in the first
three column cells, three of the next date in the next three column cells,
and so on for an entire year. I can't seem to get the fill series to follow
the pattern as all it do is copy the above cells.

Stephen[_2_]

I want to use a fill series to copy down a pattern of dates.

I'm not sure that this can be done with fill series. You can do something
similar quite easily, though.
Put the first date into the first three cells (say A1:A3). In A4 put the
formula
= A1+1
Copy this down as far as required.
If you want to convert the formula results to fixed dates, copy the column
and use
Paste Special Values.