-   -   changing formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/170257-changing-formulas.html)

xcel user[_2_]

changing formulas

Can part of a formula - which is a defined name for another cell - be changed
by a find/replace function?

Stephen[_2_]

changing formulas

Yes.

"xcel user" wrote in message
Can part of a formula - which is a defined name for another cell - be
changed
by a find/replace function?

xcel user[_2_]

changing formulas

Hi Stephen,
thanks for taking the time to respond. I have tried that already - i am
using excel 2003 - and excel states it can not find the data.

for example - what i want to change is =(acFebTot/a18)
to -(acMarTot/a118)

thanks again ~ Susan

"Stephen" wrote:

Yes.

"xcel user" wrote in message
Can part of a formula - which is a defined name for another cell - be
changed
by a find/replace function?

Stephen[_2_]

changing formulas

Presumably "acFebTot" is the cell name you have and "acMarTot" is what you
want to replace it with in a formula. I have done this many times using
Find/Replace (using versions 2000 and 2003). Are you sure you didn't mistype
"acFebTot"? (I notice two typos in your reply below!)

"xcel user" wrote in message
Hi Stephen,
thanks for taking the time to respond. I have tried that already - i am
using excel 2003 - and excel states it can not find the data.

for example - what i want to change is =(acFebTot/a18)
to -(acMarTot/a118)

thanks again ~ Susan

"Stephen" wrote:

Yes.