-   -   Not really Excel but... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/17024-not-really-excel-but.html)

Wazooli

Not really Excel but...

I got a good response recently regarding TweakUI and modifying the registry
to change the default location for picture files, so I thought I'd give this
question a try in this forum. How can I get my computer (running Windows XP,
SP 2) to permanently get rid of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express? Every
time I delete the .exe files, they come back, and if I try to delete the
folders, I get an error saying it is in use by another person or application.

wazooli

Bob Phillips

I don't think you can, I think they are now so closely coupled with the OS,
they cannot exist without them.

--

HTH

RP

"Wazooli" wrote in message
I got a good response recently regarding TweakUI and modifying the

registry
to change the default location for picture files, so I thought I'd give

this
question a try in this forum. How can I get my computer (running Windows

XP,
SP 2) to permanently get rid of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express?

Every
time I delete the .exe files, they come back, and if I try to delete the
folders, I get an error saying it is in use by another person or

application.

wazooli

Wazooli

Well, if anyone out there cares, one of our IT guys here says if you go into
add/remove programs, and click on the "set program access and defaults"
button, you can essentially tell all programs to ignore the presence of IE
and OE.