-   -   Insert column - when worskeet over (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169729-insert-column-when-worskeet-over.html)

ekonomija

Insert column - when worskeet over

Hello,

May someone be so kind to help in the following problem:

My excel document ends with the column "IV" and I can not insert any more
columns?

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

Thank you very much!

Kinldy

Conan Kelly

Insert column - when worskeet over

ekonomija,

What version of XL are you using......2002, 2003, 2007?

If 2007, what kind of file are you using.......xls or xlsx?

If 2002 or 2003, do you have data in every single column?

If you are using 2002/2003 and you have data in every single column, there
is nothing you can do but upgrade to 2007. If you do not have data in every
column, then I'm not sure what is going on and maybe someone else can help.

If you are using 2007 and the file type is xls (file types prior to 2007),
then save as an XL 2007 file type (xlsx).

HTH,

Conan

"ekonomija" wrote in message
Hello,

May someone be so kind to help in the following problem:

My excel document ends with the column "IV" and I can not insert any more
columns?

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

Thank you very much!

Kinldy

Chip Pearson

Insert column - when worskeet over

If you are in Excel 2003 or in Excel 2007 using the Excel 97/2003 file
format (xls, compatibility mode), then you are limited to 256 columns
(column IV) and this limit cannot be increased. For more than 256 columns,
you must be using Excel 2007 (in native, not compatibility, file format
mode).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson