-   -   Help with return values on IF/THEN (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169701-help-return-values-if-then.html)

chrissy

Help with return values on IF/THEN

I am trying to write an if then statement, where if the amount in a cell is
greater than zero it will return the value in another cell.

IF (a30, then "A5") can't link to the A5 cell and A5 is returned.

If (a30, then C3=A5) won't work....getting an error.

Thanks for your help...

PCLIVE

Help with return values on IF/THEN

=IF(A30,A5)

HTH,
Paul

--

"Chrissy" wrote in message
I am trying to write an if then statement, where if the amount in a cell is
greater than zero it will return the value in another cell.

IF (a30, then "A5") can't link to the A5 cell and A5 is returned.

If (a30, then C3=A5) won't work....getting an error.

Thanks for your help...

chrissy

Help with return values on IF/THEN

THANKS!!!