-   -   Building pivot tables in Excel 2007 based on existing pivot tables? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169607-building-pivot-tables-excel-2007-based-existing-pivot-tables.html)

[email protected]

Building pivot tables in Excel 2007 based on existing pivot tables?

So I just installed Excel 2007, and other than the initial shock of
interface change, its seems pretty good. I like that the prior Office
keyboard shortcuts still work.

I've been going though some of the Excel features/commands I commonly
use and I haven't been able to figure out how to build a pivot table
based on an existing pivot data. This was something that I ALWAYS
used in previous versions of Excel, it kept the file size manageable
and tables refreshed throughout tabs, but it looks like its no longer
possible now that they've changed the way pivots are created.

Please tell me that I am missing something.

iliace

Building pivot tables in Excel 2007 based on existing pivottables?

I did some testing on this, and it appears as though Excel 2007 does
this by default. If you create multiple pivot tables from the same
data, then use this line of code in the debug window:

Debug.Print ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotCache.Index

returns the same index for all tables created from the same source
range.

On Dec 13, 3:27 pm, wrote:
So I just installed Excel 2007, and other than the initial shock of
interface change, its seems pretty good. I like that the prior Office
keyboard shortcuts still work.

I've been going though some of the Excel features/commands I commonly
use and I haven't been able to figure out how to build a pivot table
based on an existing pivot data. This was something that I ALWAYS
used in previous versions of Excel, it kept the file size manageable
and tables refreshed throughout tabs, but it looks like its no longer
possible now that they've changed the way pivots are created.

Please tell me that I am missing something.

Roger Govier[_3_]

Building pivot tables in Excel 2007 based on existing pivot tables?

Hi

The default in XL2007 is to use the same data for all PT's created, unless
you override the the source data.

--

Regards
Roger Govier

wrote in message
So I just installed Excel 2007, and other than the initial shock of
interface change, its seems pretty good. I like that the prior Office
keyboard shortcuts still work.

I've been going though some of the Excel features/commands I commonly
use and I haven't been able to figure out how to build a pivot table
based on an existing pivot data. This was something that I ALWAYS
used in previous versions of Excel, it kept the file size manageable
and tables refreshed throughout tabs, but it looks like its no longer
possible now that they've changed the way pivots are created.

Please tell me that I am missing something.

[email protected]

Building pivot tables in Excel 2007 based on existing pivottables?

I've also just discovered that you can still use the pivot table
wizard and select other pivot tables for source data. So far, the
only way I know how to pull up the PT wizard is though the Excel 03
ALT-shortcut of Alt+D, P.

iliace

On Dec 14, 11:53 am, wrote:
I've also just discovered that you can still use the pivot table
wizard and select other pivot tables for source data. So far, the
only way I know how to pull up the PT wizard is though the Excel 03
ALT-shortcut of Alt+D, P.

You can put it in QAT, from the "Commands Not In Ribbon" category.