-   -   Logical (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169501-logical.html)

Angeline

Logical

I have some data in one spreadsheet which needs to be updated from another
spreadsheet, just in two columns out of 6. How can I do that ?

For examle the top rows of Spreasheet1 are Name of Site, PV's, UU's,
category, audience. The other spreadsheet has just Name of Site,PV's, UU's. I
need to update Spreadhseet 1 with the data from Spreasheet 2, but still need
the ( category and audience data to stay). How can I do that ?
--
Thanks

Roger Govier[_3_]

Logical

Hi Angeline

Try entering the following in cell B2 of Sheet1, then copy to C2.
Copy B2:C2 down Sheet1 as far as needed
=IF($A2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$C,COLUMN(),0) )

--

Regards
Roger Govier