-   -   Removing Hidden But Keep Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1694-removing-hidden-but-keep-values.html)

Wayne

Removing Hidden But Keep Values

Hi!

A client gave me an Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2002), with
a request for me to fill in the prices of various items
in his list.

I am a contractor, and jobbed out some items to various
sub contractors, and asked them to fill in the values of
the original spreadsheet, and send it back to me.

Now I need to convert from per unit to per thousand, and
add my mark-ups to the spreadsheet. I understand the
basic formula's, but I want some way to be able to hide
my calculations and mark-ups from my client, and give him
back the spread sheet.

Obviously the guy is smart enough to "Show hidden columns
and rows", how can I get around this and only give
him "clean" data.

TIA - Wayne/Graphico 6191

CarlosAntenna

Since he gave you a spreadsheet to fill in, I'm guessing he is expecting to
get a spreadsheet back rather than a PDF file. So....

Make a copy of the sheet, do your calculations, copy from the new sheet and
Paste Special Values into the original sheet then delete the calculation
sheet before returning it to the client.

Carlos

"Wayne" wrote in message
Hi!

A client gave me an Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2002), with
a request for me to fill in the prices of various items
in his list.

I am a contractor, and jobbed out some items to various
sub contractors, and asked them to fill in the values of
the original spreadsheet, and send it back to me.

Now I need to convert from per unit to per thousand, and
add my mark-ups to the spreadsheet. I understand the
basic formula's, but I want some way to be able to hide
my calculations and mark-ups from my client, and give him
back the spread sheet.

Obviously the guy is smart enough to "Show hidden columns
and rows", how can I get around this and only give
him "clean" data.

TIA - Wayne/Graphico 6191

Thank-You Sr.Carlos!

.