-   -   to disconnect a destination book from a source book (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169116-disconnect-destination-book-source-book.html)

officegirl

to disconnect a destination book from a source book

I took some sheets from someone else is workbook, the cells no longer link to
it ( they are hardcoded) yet it is keep asking me if I want to update how
can I stop that?

Saruman

to disconnect a destination book from a source book

Version of Excel?

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Symantec Antivirus 10
"officegirl" wrote in message
I took some sheets from someone else is workbook, the cells no longer link

it ( they are hardcoded) yet it is keep asking me if I want to update how
can I stop that?

Dave Peterson

to disconnect a destination book from a source book

I bet you missed converting some of the links.

Maybe Bill Manville's FindLink program can help you find the problem link(s):
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

officegirl wrote:

I took some sheets from someone else is workbook, the cells no longer link to
it ( they are hardcoded) yet it is keep asking me if I want to update how
can I stop that?

--

Dave Peterson

Jim Thomlinson

to disconnect a destination book from a source book

You would be surprised where all links can hide. In addition to fromulas they
can be in named ranges. There is a great utility for finding them by Bill
Manville called FindLink...

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"officegirl" wrote:

I took some sheets from someone else is workbook, the cells no longer link to
it ( they are hardcoded) yet it is keep asking me if I want to update how
can I stop that?

Saruman

to disconnect a destination book from a source book

Or you could just use Edit, Links
Then there is a button to break links.
No extra software or sites
Excel 2003 this is, thats why I asked which version!!!!