-   -   Just curious (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16911-just-curious.html)

RedChequer

Just curious

Using Excel 2002 and working off line I go to Help/Answer Wizard and when I
type in 'page break' and click "Search' It tries to connect to the Internet
looking for a Web page.
Why is this so?.

Nate Oliver

The first returned item is:

Web: Frequently asked questions about entering data

If I click through the country options, the return screen is actually a web
page:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...EC010272491033

It's a web-based help file return. The next retuns that aren't qualified
with 'Web:'

Do not inspire your PC to connect to the web.

Regards,
Nate Oliver

RedChequer

Thanks Nate,
How do I 'Do not inspire my PC to connect to the web'?
Just installed XP 2002 SP2

The first returned item is:

Web: Frequently asked questions about entering data

If I click through the country options, the return screen is actually a web
page:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...EC010272491033

It's a web-based help file return. The next retuns that aren't qualified
with 'Web:'

Do not inspire your PC to connect to the web.

Regards,
Nate Oliver

Nate Oliver

Hello again,

Web settings are mentioned he

But, I don't see:
"Under See also in the task pane, click Online Content Settings."

As is mentioned. :?

Regards,
Nate Oliver