-   -   "Ghost" workbook attached to my good workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169109-ghost-workbook-attached-my-good-workbook.html)

Teresa, CFP

"Ghost" workbook attached to my good workbook

Somehow I have gotten a "Book 1" workbook attached to a budget workbook.
When I bring up the live budget workbook, this Book 1 appears as well and I
can't get rid of it. I can "hide" it, but it doesn't stay hidden. I'd like
to just eliminate it altogether. The budget file is just too extensive for
me to copy it into another file and eliminate the original. Any ideas?

Chip Pearson

"Ghost" workbook attached to my good workbook

One possible cause is that there is a VBA Reference from you Budget workbook
to the Book1 workbook. Press ALT F11 to open the VBA Editor, find your
workbook in the Project Explorer window on the left of the screen (CTRL R to
display the window if necessary), click the '+' symbol to expand it, and see
if there is a folder icon named 'References'. You can go to the Tools menu,
choose References, and uncheck any unnecessary references.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson