-   -   number format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169104-number-format.html)

Cheri

number format

i have a column set up in number format, in a lot of places the first number
is 0, (zero). after i enter my info it always drops the 0. How do I correct
this? I need the 0 to be there

Gary''s Student

number format

Two ways:

1. type a single quote (apostrophe) before the set of digits
2. if the set of digits is fixed in length, say four, then format the cell
as custom
0000
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200761

"cheri" wrote:

i have a column set up in number format, in a lot of places the first number
is 0, (zero). after i enter my info it always drops the 0. How do I correct
this? I need the 0 to be there

Cheri

number format

sorry, i am kind of confused...I tried these I must not be doing correctly.