-   -   Protcting a worksheet with a filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/169099-protcting-worksheet-filter.html)

The BriGuy[_2_]

Protcting a worksheet with a filter

I have a worksheet with filters on several columns. Does anyone know of a
way to protect the entire sheet so other scannot make changes to data and
also allow the auto-filter to work so data can still be filtered as needed?

Thanks

John Bundy

Protcting a worksheet with a filter

When you go to Tools-Protection-Protect sheet as you normally would to
protect a sheet, there is a Use Autofilter checkbox neat the bottom. xl2003
--
-John
is helpful.

"The BriGuy" wrote:

I have a worksheet with filters on several columns. Does anyone know of a
way to protect the entire sheet so other scannot make changes to data and
also allow the auto-filter to work so data can still be filtered as needed?

Thanks

The BriGuy[_2_]

Protcting a worksheet with a filter

Thanks but I'm using the 2000 version and don't have that option available to
me.

"The BriGuy" wrote:

I have a worksheet with filters on several columns. Does anyone know of a
way to protect the entire sheet so other scannot make changes to data and
also allow the auto-filter to work so data can still be filtered as needed?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Protcting a worksheet with a filter

If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect
the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
'.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
'If .FilterMode Then
' .ShowAllData
'End If
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (Earlier versions of
excel don't remember it after closing the workbook. IIRC, xl2002+ will remember
the allow autofilter setting under tools|Protection|protect sheet.)