-   -   #VALUE! return from format change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168792-value-return-format-change.html)

Elvis

#VALUE! return from format change

I am trying the change the formatting of cells from General to Text. I am
inserting a new column, setting it to General, then use the formula
=TEXT(,AD2) and so on for the whole column. Some of those cells that contain
text and numbers (e.g. VN756) come back with the result of #VALUE! others do
not. I have just used Format Cells tool without success.

How do I make the cells data change to be text without returning the error
of #VALUE!?
Thank you,
Elvis

Gord Dibben