-   -   SUMPRODUCT I think? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168536-sumproduct-i-think.html)

RGJ

SUMPRODUCT I think?

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that I enter data as follows:
Date Customer Hours Total Hours

I need a break down of what hours each customer uses under 20 hours and over
20 hours.
Do I use SUMPRODUCT for this or is there another formula better suited?

--
RGJ

Mike H

SUMPRODUCT I think?

I don't understand you question

under 20 hours and over 20 hours is everything except 20 hours. Please
explain.

Mike

"RGJ" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that I enter data as follows:
Date Customer Hours Total Hours

I need a break down of what hours each customer uses under 20 hours and over
20 hours.
Do I use SUMPRODUCT for this or is there another formula better suited?

--
RGJ

Ed Cones

SUMPRODUCT I think?

I'll suggest SUMIF()

=SUMIF(C8:C12,"<20") would sum everything under 20
=SUMIF(C8:C12,"=20") would sum everything equal to or more than 20

"RGJ" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that I enter data as follows:
Date Customer Hours Total Hours

I need a break down of what hours each customer uses under 20 hours and over
20 hours.
Do I use SUMPRODUCT for this or is there another formula better suited?

--
RGJ

RGJ

SUMPRODUCT I think?

Ok I`ll try and clarify what happens.
I have two clients, A and B, which use hours out of one account.
Client A he contributes 30% of the hours under 20 hours and 25% over 20 hours.
Client B pays for the remaining hours.
So the way I think I should tackle this is by filter for under 20 hours and
over as well. This will give me a breakdown of the usage of hours for each
client.
There may be a better way?
--
RGJ

"RGJ" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that I enter data as follows:
Date Customer Hours Total Hours

I need a break down of what hours each customer uses under 20 hours and over
20 hours.
Do I use SUMPRODUCT for this or is there another formula better suited?

--
RGJ

RGJ

SUMPRODUCT I think?

Iv got the following code:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$10:$A$5000=Sheet2!P$3),--($A$10:$A$5000<=Sheet2!R$3),--($B$10:$B$5000=MAIN!B5002),$D$10:$D$5000)
P3 is date from
R3 is date to
col A is date
col B is name
col D is hours

Where can I add <20 hours

--
RGJ

"RGJ" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that I enter data as follows:
Date Customer Hours Total Hours