-   -   Creating a new file for each excel worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168510-creating-new-file-each-excel-worksheet.html)

Sherry

Creating a new file for each excel worksheet

I have an excel file with many worksheets (tabs). I now need each sheet to
be its own file with its own name. Is there any way to just "right click" on
the worksheet and paste it into a new file? Or, do I have to do it the long
way, and open each sheet, and copy the cells before pasting into the new
file. I have a lot of them! Thanks !
--
sherry

Stephen[_2_]

"sherry" wrote in message
I have an excel file with many worksheets (tabs). I now need each sheet to
be its own file with its own name. Is there any way to just "right click"
on
the worksheet and paste it into a new file? Or, do I have to do it the
long
way, and open each sheet, and copy the cells before pasting into the new
file. I have a lot of them! Thanks !
--
sherry

You can right-click the worksheet tab and use "Move or Copy". This gives you
the option of moving (or copying) the worksheet to another workbook.

The alternative is to open the original workbook, delete all worksheets
except one, and use "Save As" to save the remaining worksheet as a new
workbook.

Don Guillett

Creating a new file for each excel worksheet

try this
Sub splitsheets()
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\yourfoldername\" & ws.Name & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"sherry" wrote in message
I have an excel file with many worksheets (tabs). I now need each sheet to
be its own file with its own name. Is there any way to just "right click"
on
the worksheet and paste it into a new file? Or, do I have to do it the
long
way, and open each sheet, and copy the cells before pasting into the new
file. I have a lot of them! Thanks !
--
sherry

Ron de Bruin

Creating a new file for each excel worksheet

See also this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin