-   -   Personal workbook not opening automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168382-personal-workbook-not-opening-automatically.html)

JP[_4_]

Personal workbook not opening automatically

Hi all,

I just had this happen to me -- the personal.xls workbook just stopped
opening with every workbook. After a maddening search involving Detect
and Repair, Disabled Items, renaming the personal workbook and moving
all macros around, I found the problem: a copy of EXCEL.EXE stuck in
memory.

Ctrl-Alt-Del, removed the copy from memory and POOF! Everything works
like it should.

Just thought I'd share how I solved this problem since I saw quite a
few old threads without a solution.

HTH,
JP