-   -   Filtering by criteria within PV in Excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168381-filtering-criteria-within-pv-excel.html)

Sardonic

Filtering by criteria within PV in Excel.

I am using Excel 2000 to create a cross-tabulation using Pivot Tables. The
problem I am have is that some fields have 4 letter codes and I need to
filter/manipulate rows by permutations of the 4 letter codes.

For example
CASE CODE <------ Field Name
ADER
ADRT
ADRS
AWRU

What need is the ability to filter/select the pivot tables' rows by criteria
such as "AD*", or "ADRS AND AWRU."

The final pivot table would be structured like this

ORDERED BYREGION, then Type
Cat 1: count(ADER, ADRS, ADRT)
Cat 2: count(ADRS + AWRU)
Cat 3: count(AWRU)

I think this MIGHT be possible in Excel 2007 - might it be possible in Excel
2000?

Thanks for your help on this one.

(Apologies for re-posting - forgot to check "notify me" box)