-   -   numbers in order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168352-numbers-order.html)

Woody

numbers in order

I would like to know how i can do the following in excel?

101157
101158
101159 ect
Can this be done automatically when i drag the box down it will just do
101157 over and over please help

Sandy Mann

numbers in order

With 101157 in A1 and 101158 in A2, highlight both cells and drag down o the
fill handle

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"woody" wrote in message
I would like to know how i can do the following in excel?

101157
101158
101159 ect
Can this be done automatically when i drag the box down it will just do
101157 over and over please help

Mike H

numbers in order

Mike

Type in the 3 numbers manually then select all 3 cells and drag down on the
fill handle of the lowest cell.

Mike

"woody" wrote:

I would like to know how i can do the following in excel?

101157
101158
101159 ect
Can this be done automatically when i drag the box down it will just do
101157 over and over please help

Soundar

numbers in order

Hi,

Just type two number and then select them, and then drag the fill handler
(small box in the right bottom of the cell), untill the number you want.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,
Soundar.

"woody" wrote:

I would like to know how i can do the following in excel?

101157
101158
101159 ect
Can this be done automatically when i drag the box down it will just do
101157 over and over please help

Gord Dibben

numbers in order

Type 101157 in a cell.

Right-click on the fill handle and drag down.

Release button and "Fill Series"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP