-   -   date formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168286-date-formula.html)

pkcb113

date formula

I am trying to input a date into a read only file. The column will not allow
me to expand the column and of course i get ######## in the column. I will
accempt 11/15/07, instead of 11/15/2007, but how to do this?

Elkar

date formula

Try forcing the date as Text. You can do this by preceding your entry with
an apostrophe.

'11/15/07

The apostrophe will not show up in the cell.

HTH,
Elkar

"pkcb113" wrote:

I am trying to input a date into a read only file. The column will not allow
me to expand the column and of course i get ######## in the column. I will
accempt 11/15/07, instead of 11/15/2007, but how to do this?

Ian[_5_]

date formula

pkcb113 wrote:
I am trying to input a date into a read only file. The column will not allow
me to expand the column and of course i get ######## in the column. I will
accempt 11/15/07, instead of 11/15/2007, but how to do this?

It's probably just because the column isn't wide enough to show the full
date you require. Resize the column and it will show it properly.

Regards,
Ian