-   -   HOW DO I PROGRAM EXCEL TO HIGHLIGHT A PERCENTAGE THAT IS OVER 90%? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168268-how-do-i-program-excel-highlight-percentage-over-90%25.html)

ullas9256

HOW DO I PROGRAM EXCEL TO HIGHLIGHT A PERCENTAGE THAT IS OVER 90%?

Does anybody know how I can program Excel to highlight a field if I type in a
percentage that is 90% or greater. I use a excel spreadsheet and often plug
in percentages but I need to highlight all percentages that are higher than
90%. I usually go to each one and highlight it yellow. Is their a easier
way can't excel do this automatically after I type in the percentage? Please
help.

Thank you.

Ron Coderre

HOW DO I PROGRAM EXCEL TO HIGHLIGHT A PERCENTAGE THAT IS OVER 90%?

Try Conditional formatting:

Assuming the range to be impacted is A2:A100
Select that range.

From the Excel Main Menu:
<format<conditional formatting
Condition_1:
Cell value is: Greater than or equal to: 0.9
Click the [format] button and set your highlight color.
Click [OK] to complete.

Now each value greater than or equal to 90% will be highlighted.

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"ullas9256" wrote in message
Does anybody know how I can program Excel to highlight a field if I type
in a
percentage that is 90% or greater. I use a excel spreadsheet and often
plug
in percentages but I need to highlight all percentages that are higher
than
90%. I usually go to each one and highlight it yellow. Is their a easier
way can't excel do this automatically after I type in the percentage?
Please
help.

Thank you.

Nick Hodge[_2_]

HOW DO I PROGRAM EXCEL TO HIGHLIGHT A PERCENTAGE THAT IS OVER 90%?

Use conditional formatting. FormatConditional formatting... Highlight the
cells and choose 'cell value' and 'greater than', then enter .9 in the box

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

UK Excel User Conference In Cambridge