-   -   Page Number as watermark. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16826-page-number-watermark.html)

whalenohana

Page Number as watermark.

I have a file that displays the text "Page 1" in the center of the worksheet.
I have not been able to find a way to stop the page number from displaying.
There is no header/footer, no "background", no other special items that I
could find that would force the display of this.
It does not appear during the printing so it's not a "watermark". It merely
displays in my view when I'm working in the worksheet.
Help...

JulieD

Hi

you're in page break preview view ... choose view / normal from the menu

Cheers
JulieD

"whalenohana" wrote in message
I have a file that displays the text "Page 1" in the center of the
worksheet.
I have not been able to find a way to stop the page number from
displaying.
There is no header/footer, no "background", no other special items that I
could find that would force the display of this.
It does not appear during the printing so it's not a "watermark". It
merely
displays in my view when I'm working in the worksheet.
Help...

Dave Peterson

This is a feature of View|Page Break Preview.

Can you just go back to normal? View|Normal

--

Dave Peterson