-   -   Sort by last two numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168242-sort-last-two-numbers.html)

tony

Sort by last two numbers

I would like to sort a group of numberic numbers (1234567) by the last two
numbers (i.e. 67) How do I do this?

CLR

Sort by last two numbers

If the numbers are in column A, put this in B1 and copy down.

=RIGHT(A!,2)

Then do Copy PasteSPecial values on column B to get rid of the formulas.

Then sort on column B

Or, if you don't have the time, space or patience to do that and need to do
this sorting frequently, perhaps Jim Cone's fine commercial Add-in called
"SpecialSort" would do for you. It's available at:
http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi...e/products.php

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tony" wrote:

I would like to sort a group of numberic numbers (1234567) by the last two
numbers (i.e. 67) How do I do this?

[email protected]

Sort by last two numbers

On Dec 3, 10:36 pm, Tony wrote:
I would like to sort a group of numberic numbers (1234567) by the last two
numbers (i.e. 67) How do I do this?

The 1st thing I thought is: add a new column next to your group and
use a math function MOD(number,100) or even a text function
RIGHT(number,2) there and then sort this new column.
Sorry for my English.