-   -   Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/168129-excel-2007-a.html)

Snurmi37

Excel 2007

When I type the number 3 in a cell it automatically converts it to "three".
Any other number I type displays as a number. I tried changing the format to
number, accounting, etc. but no change. Any ideas how to fix this?

Jean-Guy

Excel 2007

Hi,

Looks like an "auto correct" problem, I only have Excel 2000 so can't tell
you where to look in 2007 but try finding the "auto correct" feature and see
if the number 3 is in the list!

Regards!
Jean-Guy

"Snurmi37" wrote:

When I type the number 3 in a cell it automatically converts it to "three".
Any other number I type displays as a number. I tried changing the format to
number, accounting, etc. but no change. Any ideas how to fix this?

Snurmi37

Excel 2007

Thank you!!! Your solution worked.

"Snurmi37" wrote:

When I type the number 3 in a cell it automatically converts it to "three".
Any other number I type displays as a number. I tried changing the format to
number, accounting, etc. but no change. Any ideas how to fix this?

Jean-Guy

Excel 2007

You're welcome...glad I could help!

Regards!