-   -   specify a range of cells for data input, down then over (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167970-specify-range-cells-data-input-down-then-over.html)

jmirer

specify a range of cells for data input, down then over

A program automatically sends data to an excel spreadsheet everytime a
measurement is taken (a wedge program). The cell the data is placed in is
based on the cell that is currently highlighted/active. I want to create a
range of cells (5x25) where when data is sent, it places the first value in
A1, then B1, then C1, etc... When it gets to E1, I want it to continue at
A2, B2, C2, etc. How do I do this?

excelent

specify a range of cells for data input, down then over

Sub test()
ActiveCell.Resize(25, 5).Select
For Each c In Selection
'this loop is jumping thrue the selected range the way u want
Next
End Sub