-   -   Sheet tabs & horizontal scrollbar disappeared - Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167892-sheet-tabs-horizontal-scrollbar-disappeared-excel-2003-a.html)

RHK

Sheet tabs & horizontal scrollbar disappeared - Excel 2003

Unable to move between sheets as the sheet tabs and the horizontal scrollbar
have disappeared. The document is only showing one sheet and this appears
like a window that I can move around within the Excel background. Usually,
the xls document name appears at the top left of the page when I open, but
the document name is at the top of the document with the "window." The page
goes on forever - endless. I have worked through help. View - show sheet
tabs is checked, there is no way to uncollapse the horizontal scrollbar as
the scrollbar isn't accessible. Please please help!

RHK[_2_]

Sheet tabs & horizontal scrollbar disappeared - Excel 2003

To clarify: going through Tools, Options, View - sheet tabs and horizontal
scroll bar are properly checked. I worked through every related help option
I could find through sheet options and scroll bars and no luck

"RHK" wrote:

Unable to move between sheets as the sheet tabs and the horizontal scrollbar
have disappeared. The document is only showing one sheet and this appears
like a window that I can move around within the Excel background. Usually,
the xls document name appears at the top left of the page when I open, but
the document name is at the top of the document with the "window." The page
goes on forever - endless. I have worked through help. View - show sheet
tabs is checked, there is no way to uncollapse the horizontal scrollbar as
the scrollbar isn't accessible. Please please help!

Dave Peterson

Sheet tabs & horizontal scrollbar disappeared - Excel 2003

Do you see a blue titlebar at the top of the worksheet--not the application's
titlebar?

If you don't, then try:
window|arrange|tiled
Now you should be able to see that worksheet's titlebar.

Double click on that blue titlebar.

--

Dave Peterson

RHK[_2_]

Sheet tabs & horizontal scrollbar disappeared - Excel 2003

Dave, Thank you so much for responding. I also found your earlier post for
Cassandra on same issue and somehow just opening the Window/Arrange worked -
wierd. I also called Microsoft. They explained that I had accidentally
minimized the document within the application and that double-clicking the
blue title bar or the restore button of the *document* (not the application
blue bar) restores it. I see that this happens to people fairly frequently
so I suggested they add it under help for the sheet tab/hor scroll bar
topics. Thanks so much!
RHK