-   -   & formula's (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16784-formulas.html)

Luke

& formula's

I write a commentary on excel which relates to figures in the same page. I
want to cut down on my time so I want to use "&" formula's to link into the
cells e.g. 'sales are up "&cell&" on last year'.

The formula's work but I can't convert that number into a % of £ sign or
reduce the decimal places.

Any ideas?

Bob Phillips

="Sales are up by "&TEXT(C5,"0.0%")

or

="Sales are up by "&TEXT(C5,"£#,##0.00")

--

HTH

RP